Today I began running and I started off gloomy because I have lost a partner in running for now due to injury. I also lost my last weeks worth of writing. I have begun dedicating myself again to the practice of writing, and have started with a goal of 1 hour per day. I began publishing my blog last week, and have been pushing forward to develop good content. I had made a topic index, in order to introduce variety, in which I will begin again. The important content to me in the last weeks writings that is gone is the lessons that came up in meditation, and even the explanation there of receiving lessons.
Today I am having a great morning, my meditation was uplifting to say the least. Anything can be done with enough time and effort. Running has been a friend through the last month, giving room to inspiration, love, passion, and thought provoking information. I have found energy in new ways, and found outlets in order to use that energy for something positive in my life. I am working actively on replacing my life's cycle, part's are being analyzed, and those that are not needed I am discarding, and I am finding new habits which develop and expand my life. Staying healthy and growing up as an adult were my goals along the way, and somewhere in the last month I finally decided that it was time for that to happen in a very now sort of way. I have had my bad days in the last month, but I have come leaps and bounds with my daily cycle from where I was.
I was running feeling the tinge of the cold air in my lungs this morning. I realized something very early on in my life about cycles, that everything eventually ends at some point. Pain is temporary. "It will all be over soon". But I have been feeling good in my days, and have come to look forward daily to my runs. The tinge was not the looking forward I was hoping for but 5 minutes or so into the run, my breathing relaxed, my muscles did as well, and my rhythm kicked in. Breathing in and out, and looking at the morning clouds, I realized more each step that everything in my life is just a cycle after another cycle. Running I stated to my girlfriend last week "has to be one of the most difficult things to start off doing", I know that I am running, and as I said, I love to run, but it took me a long time to run. I have run throughout my life sure, but it is something that is difficult to make a commitment to. But if you broke running down into small cycles, small increments, and built up from there like modular systems, it would be easy and remain so for as long as you were running the cycle. Like the exercise program I am working on is built like this. It was used for people training for U.S. Navy SEAL/s. But it starts off as an easy effective workout offering you a moderate challenge at the beginning and progressing steadily as you move into the later part of the cycle. When you begin you may be only running 2 miles a day 3 times a week and totaling 80 pushups and situps, but by the 8th week your running 16 miles a week and doing 200 pushups and situps per day. I explained in one of my blogs as well, there is about 3 main parts to what's going on in my life regarding health, I am eating healthy and cooking from scratch daily for myself, and my girlfriend, I am meditating, for what started as 20 minutes a day, and now is 30 minutes 2 times per day. Finally I am exercising with my routine. These are all cycles I am pushing up in time, to make them further apart of my day's plan, and looking to commit myself to. There is a reason and method to the madness in all of this, and it comes from a drive inside to be in control of me. I highly recommend Macolm Gladwell's "The Tipping Point, & Outliers". How it relates is the 10,000 hours to mastery. I won't ruin it for you, but it relates to developing my habits and pushing my daily times.
Completing beneficial cycles. "I was thinking to myself the other day, hey It seems like the pace of life has kicked up, like when it's Wednesday before you know it, then it's the weekend and your having a good time, wondering ,man that week went by fast. I was feeling that same way about how the weeks were flying by around my 3rd week of running. I am doing 160 situps now and my running has improved tremendously. I kicked up the pace this morning after my 15 minute turn around. Cycles, and habits as a theme and concept have been running through my head. Changing my life has been running through my head. I got a message during one of my meditations which I lost, it was titled "find your balance, and pick up where you left off". For me I know it is my personal overcoming statement. A recognition of self. A longing, to overcome my shortfalls. Many times I have failed I have walked away not looking to learn a lesson, but being shamed in pride. "If at first you don't succeed, try try again". Not my own, but it works. I have been finding that to be an extraordinary breakthrough for my meditations, for my running, it has been universal. Completing the cycle is not the interesting part as looking at the amount of time spent on the cycle, and the amount of cycles gone through. Cycles being like pieces of pie on a pie chart. I have been putting effort into developing what my impression of myself is, and what my character adds up to. How much I do what I say I am going to do. And how I feel about myself at the end of the day. I definitely have not lived up to what I felt I would be by this time in my life, and that is what my life is about right now. Being who I want to be, and having the power to change those pieces of my own pie that effect how I feel 100% of the time.
I started out just wanting to plan my day, so that I could be more efficient and keep my memory in tact by writing down what I thought was important at the moment. I have a thought of a concept, of something like an imagination station for myself. Where I can use my topic index, along with what I see and imagine in my meditations, and as I am going about my day in life, I can find things that I would like to discuss and write about. It looks like adding these together in a topic index where I can track what it is that I am writing would help to offer some variety with my writings. I still haven't had a chance to take the library resources class on there archives and indexes. But I believe that can help for some more advanced topics, to give myself a challenge once in a while.
More than anything in my life, I cant be lazy, and I want to be a great person. In my life I have fallen short of feeling like just a person some days. That has to stop no matter what. I want to be my higher self, and something that my friends and family can look up to. I also want to be a healthy example to and for myself, and those who I care about around me. Today I realized even the hard things are easy, because of cycles, there is only a long series of cycles, or a short series. Either way all it takes is a little time.
Letting it flow in the meditation was a side-note. I allowed my mind to just imagine. Where I want to be in the future, what I want to be doing with my time. I can see myself at a desk in a room that's very futuristic, I have 3 monitors in front of me, I am receiving e-mail, I think to myself, I need to be on the computer to be profiting in life. It doesn’t matter how I get there, what matters is to go there in mind first. What am I doing at my next job, working in cycles, what cycles will I be involved in. I have to progress in my imagination it was hard to see myself anywhere besides at the desk. But it inspired me to dedicate time to organizing my time with MS Onenote.
I am looking forward to developing my writings with the beneficial nature of how things are going in my life right now. I hope that this can be a beneficial writing for someone out there to take from or add to there life's cycle. Wish you a good cyclical week, hopefully your pieces are your own.
No comments:
Post a Comment